Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pin It


Get Gadget

Star Wars - Kids Special Edition Stormtrooper Costume Review

 Star Wars Kids Special Edition Stormtrooper Costume


In a galaxy far, far away lives a little boy whom closely resembles a young Luke Sykwalker. "Luke" loves everything Star Wars. He has seen all six episodes, memorized the character encyclopedia, and is a frequent visitor on the official Star Wars website. "Luke" likes to reenact his favorite scenes with his classmates on the playground and at home with his collection of Star Wars action figures. So it was important to me to find a very special Star Wars costume for young "Luke".


CostumeDiscounters.com offers a fantastic selection of Star Wars costumes and accessories for both children and adults. They carry all of the favorite Star Wars characters such as Darth Vader, Yoda, and Princes Leia. Deciding among the 40 boys' Star Wars costumes was the hardest part. "Luke" announced his top favorites and then his father and I made the difficult decision of choosing only one. Ultimately we wanted a costume that looked authentic, came with all necessary items, and would still fit by Halloween.
Star Wars Stormtrooper Costume We all were extremely impressed when  the Kids Special Edition Stormtrooper Costume arrived a few days later. "Luke" couldn't wait to put it on. Not only was it very realistic but "Luke" was able to run, jump, and move just like a real Stormtrooper but without the stiffness. It was also much nicer than the Star Wars costumes that I've seen sold in the stores prior to Halloween for the same price.
This licensed Star Wars costume is made up of three main components, shirt, pants, and helmet/mask. The costume (shirt and pants) is made of heavyweight polyester material. The shirt has an attached foam utility belt and vinyl chest and shoulder pieces, which are padded. The shirt also has four Velcro closures up the back. The poly-foam boot tops are attached to the pants which have an elastic waist and vinyl accents. The Stormtrooper helmet is lightweight and completely surrounds the head for a very realistic look. The 2 halves of this helmet attach with Velcro in the middle of the head. Though I'm not sure how sturdy it actually is.
You will not need to use "the force" to dress your child in the Kids Special Edition Stormtrooper Costume. Thanks to Velcros and an elastic waist, this costume is very easy to put on over existing clothes and can accommodate heavier clothing for a cold evening trick or treating. I ordered a size medium for our 6 year old and there is plenty of room to grow into. The costume is actually very long but I tucked part of the pants into the boot tops for the pictures. It reminds me the scene where Luke meets Princes Leia for the first time.   
            Leia: "Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?"
            Luke: "Huh? Oh, the uniform. I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you.
The next costume that I'm going to buy (for myself) will be Princes Leia, and I will absolutely buy it from CostumeDiscounters.com. They have an extensive selection of costumes for all ages and offer a Low Price Guarantee Policy.  
Star Wars Kids Special Edition Stormtrooper Costume
Stormtrooper Special Edition Child Costume Image
Star Wars  Stormtrooper
Picture of Stormtroopers taken from StarWars.com
I have added the images from both the Kids Special Edition StormTrooper Costume packaging as well as an image from the Star Wars website for comparison. I think that the Kids Special Edition Stormtrooper Costume looks extreamly similar.  


Who is your favorite Star Wars Character?


Star Wars Kids Special Edition Stormtrooper Costume Review

Disclosure: We received one or more product(s) at no charge in an exchange for a review.  However, receipt of the product is solely for the purpose of the review and does not influence our opinions.  All thoughts, opinions and beliefs are those of the author and are not influenced by receipt of the product. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

17 comments:

  1. That is an awesome costume! I need to get one for my son! (Laura DeLuca)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love how realistic looking it is- agree, much better than ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Mine is still in Elmo land but when the day comes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My now 19 year old son would have loved this in his younger days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so cute, definitely a little Luke. My favorite Star Wars characters are the Ewoks. They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those picture are awesome! My Star Wars obsessed boys would love these costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great costume. My hubby and I have the Star Wars/Star Trek debate from time to time. I'm a Star Wars fan and he's a Star Trek fan. Glad to see your son has chosen the right camp! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is an awesome costume! It looks so real, except for the shortness part lol. I'll have to bookmark that company for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!

    I never should have showed that to the small fry ... I NEED THAT... he says! =)

    That's really one of the best kids costumes I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I can see my little one having so much fun with that costume. Definitely going to check out their website. Birthdays coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this site. It is so well organized and up-to-date. It is really a pleasure entering your giveaways!


    intense2002-sweepstakes@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. superb bulletin!! keep with this cool stuff
    Also see my page :: mcallen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your blog and I posted similar to yours.....

    premature baby clothes

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids love star wars. I will have to look into this costume and the rest of their collection. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous costume! I am sure he is going to get a lot of use out of it!

    ReplyDelete