Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pin It


Get Gadget

Tresemme vs. Batiste Dry Shampoo: Dare to Compare

Treseme Batiste dry shampoo
       Washing, blow drying, and straitening my very long and thick hair is a big task. It can take more than 90 minutes for me to do it myself. The finished look is beautiful however the rest of me is sweaty and exhausted. Having your hair professionally blown out can be expensive and so are all the hair products and styling tools required to transform your hair into “super model” quality.

        As a busy mother, I don’t have the time, energy, or money to wash and style my hair every day.  By adjust my hairstyles (headbands and ponytails) I can extend the time needed between washings.  I have even tried using baby power to absorb the oil on my scalp especially around my hairline. Baby power is messy and sometimes makes your hair look grey.  Smelling like the baby power is not my choice of fragrance for a professional work environment.  

dirty hair
        Since I am due for a highlight my roots are dark, amplifying any oil appearing between washes, making my hair seem dirtier than it really is. This was the perfect opportunity to try 2 dry shampoos; Treseme Fresh Start and Batiste.


        A total of 3 dry shampoo tests were done; Tresemme, Batiste, and the 50/50 with Tresemme on one half of my head and Batiste on the other. I waited three very hot and humid days between washes, duplicated my hair styles, and daily activities as much as possible.  During each test I went to the beach and swam without getting my hair wet. I followed directions exactly given on each label of dry shampoo. Here is a little information about the products that I tested.

       “Transform limp, lifeless locks into healthy, full-bodied hair when you skip a shampoo. The Mineral Clay and Citrus formula removes oil and odor that weighs hair down, so you can have instant salon-quality volume without a drop of water.”

tresemee dry shampoo

How To Use Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo

  1. Shake vigorously before use and in between spray bursts for best results.
  2. Lift sections of dry hair and spray lightly at roots using short bursts, holding 8-12 inches from head and leave-in for 1-2 minutes.
  3. Use fingertips to massage through hair and to distribute product evenly.
  4. Use throughout the day to absorb oil and refresh your style as needed.

 Find Tresemme Products Near You

  • Regular size is 5.7 oz and retails for about $5.99
  • Travel size is 2 oz and retails for about $3.99

       "Batiste Dry Shampoo banishes oily roots, giving dull, lifeless hair the makeover it needs without water. A quick burst revitalises hair, adds body and texture and leaves it feeling clean and fresh too. No need to worry about skipping a shampoo."

using batiste

How To Use Batiste Dry Shampoo

  1. Shake can vigorously and spray Batiste into the roots, keeping the nozzle 30cm from hair. 
  2. Massage through with fingertips. 
  3. Brush hair and style as usual.
Batiste comes in 2 sizes: 
  • Regular size is 6.73 oz and retails for about $7.99
  • Travel size is 1.6 oz and retails for about $3.99

 Purchase Batiste Products Online  Batiste products are also sold in the salon-inspired sections of your local grocery, drug, and discount stores

Like Alpha Hydrox on Facebook  and Follow Them on Twitter 


Batiste Dry Shampoos

My Review 

       Although it may be high maintenance, I love my thick long hair. I love the idea of extending the time between washes using a dry shampoo.  I used Tresemme and Batiste on my hair and experienced different results and overall satisfaction with the products. My overall opinion was made very clear when I performed the 50/50 test.

       I was able to test both the Tresemme and Batiste Dry Shampoo at the same time. I parted my hair down the middle and used Batiste on the left side and Tresemme on the right. Both Tresemme and Batiste dry shampoos reduced the oil on my scalp but their overall performance were different.


       Batiste did a superior job of making my hair look and feel clean and voluminous. Batiste instantly made my roots seem lighter in color and my need for highlight less urgent. I was also able to brush and style my hair as desired. Batiste made my hair felt light and full of body. I received complements on my hair when I used Batiste.
Batiste Dry Shampoo



        Tresemme  essentially made my hair feel dirtier with a heavy and grimy “product buildup” texture. It was also difficult to run my fingers through my hair and style it in ponytail. I found that the spray didn't so much add volume at the root as it did thicken all over and that is not what I am looking for. My first thoughts when using Tresemme was that my scalp seemed “wet” and the hair color seemed to darken. During the 50/50 test I used a hairdryer to “dry” that side of my head because of overall look and feeling compared to the Batiste side of my head. 

       Dry shampoo is great for anyone with a busy lifestyle especially travelers, athletes, college students, and busy women. Batiste worked the best on my long thick hair and using it will free up time in my busy life. I can't wait to try Batiste's Light and Blond Dry Shampoo on my hair next. What Batiste product would you try?


Have you ever tried dry shampoo before? 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. I love dry shampoos. I don't know the name of the one I use, it's from a hair salon, but it is like the one you most liked: Batiste. I also don't like to wash my hair often because it is colored and trying to hide my grey hairs is hard to do, so I like to hold on to the color for as long as I can. I also find that if I don't use a lot of heavy products, my scalp doesn't get oily to begin with, and that is huge , considering I have oily skin and my hair used to get greasy after a day of not washing it. So, I don't even use the dry shampoo as much. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried dry shampoo but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried dry shampoos due to the fact that my hair is very thick and curly. I just thought they would not work on my hair texture. Thanks to your review, I am more convinced that Batiste will work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    This is the first time I heard the brand Batiste. Is it only sold in the US?
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete