Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pin It


Get Gadget

Children's Story about Spring - Lost In the Woods -Review

lost in the woods 

Carl Sams II & Jean Stoick 

Lost in the woods is based on the children's book by the same name by 
Carl R Sams II and his wife, Jean Stoick.
 Lost in the Woods, book has received four prestigious awards: 
the Independent Publisher Award (IPPY Award) for 
Best Children's Picture Book
the 2005 Earlychildhood News Director's Choice and Judges' Award 
and the Best Children's Picture Book Award from USA Book News. 
Lost in the Woods: The Movie is the winner of 12 National and International Awards. Panda Award Winner-Best Children's Wildlife Film World-Wide.

Read Review


The arrival of spring brings new life. A newborn fawn lies alone in the forest. Is it lost? Where is its mother? While the other animals are concerned, the fawn dismisses their worries insisting that its mother will return. He is correct. Things are not always what they seem. Shirley, a wise box turtle, explains this to Fernando Hernadofandavez, a very energetic raccoon who is searching for his brother, Hernando. You also meet other woodland creatures such as a tadpole wants to be a standup comedian, when he grows legs (lol). 
This movie is filled with delightful and entertaining music and sounds that children really enjoy. The cinematography in this movie is excellent. The close-ups of plants and wildlife are so clear and vivid you feel like you are there in the woods as well. Nature lovers of all ages will thoroughly enjoy this beauty of this film.  
This movie is suitable for all ages, with a concentration on kindergarten to 3rd grade. This entertaining movie is also educational and can also be used in a classroom, home school , library setting. Animal and season recognition, animals in their natural habitat, to concepts such as camouflage , and different ways animals care for their young can be integrated into lesson plans. Lost in the Woods is highly recommended for young children and for families. I Love It!

Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely wonderful! And how neat about the awards. I need to check this out :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book sounds real interesting. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really cute idea! I love when movies and stories revolve around real life and nature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story sounds so lovely! Love watching these movies with my daughter... she has a way of narrating films for me... can't wait to see what she says about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lee, thanks for visiting my blog. Love the post, going to pick that up for my grand daughter, I know, she'll love it. Following you on facebook. Have a great day, enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following you from the Blog Hop hosted by MWTH! Come visit me and follow me back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop! I'm thrilled to be co-hosting this week! It sounds like a lovely book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally recognize that little deer! Great story!! Stopping in to visit from Friday's blog hop - would love a return favor with a follow via GFC, Google+ and me NEW FB page :) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I just fell in love with your button! Found you on Cheri's blog hop. I am your newest follower, will you follow me back? www.bargain-ista.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like such a nice story.

    I think I have you all followed.

    ReplyDelete