This recipe is fantastic for celebrating events such as St. Patrick's Day, Birthdays, or First Day of Spring. These rainbow cupcakes were a big hit at the last school's bake sale. You can also modify this recipe to showcase your child's school colors. Although they may look difficult to make, all you need is food coloring.
You will need:
|Taste a Rainbow Cupcakes|
- One Box of White Cake Mix (eggs, oil, water according to package directions)
- Food Coloring (red, yellow, blue, & green)
- Cupcake liners (16-24)
- Whipped Cream or Frosting
- Sprinkles (optional)
- 6 small bowls and spoons (teaspoons)
- 2 Cupcake/ Muffin pans
- Preheat oven according to cake mix directions.
- Prepare your white cake mix according to directions on package. Divide batter evenly among 6 bowls.
- Add food coloring to each bowl to achieve desired color. Stir color into batter. See below
- Line pans with 16 liners. Gently spoon the purple batter into each of the liners. Next spoon the blue batter on top of the purple, continue through the rest of the colors (reverse rainbow). Use the back of the spoon to help evenly spread the batter to cover previous color.
- Bake cupcakes according to your cake mix directions package.
- Once cupcakes are cooled remove liner. Frost and decorate as desired.
|RAINBOW COLOR||DROPS OF FOOD COLORING|
|Purple||9 red and 6 blue drops|
|Orange||12 yellow and 4 red drops|
*Gluten free, organic, or other dietary restriction type products may be substituted.
This recipe was originally found at FamilyFun