Monday, February 27, 2012

Pin It


Get Gadget

BrytonPick - Review


Maintain a Bright Smile After Every Meal

I recently had the opportunity to evaluate the new BrytonPick. I was eager to test a new product that could improve my dental health. Especially a product that could make flossing easier and less of a chore.  

It is estimated that only 12% of the population flosses regularly. The primary excuses are that floss is not convenient or easy to use.  People rarely have time or the proper place to floss after busy meals.  They are just too busy. BrytonPick is a more portable and convenient solution. 

BrytonPick  was designed, developed, and tested by dental professionals. It is a quick solution when there is no time or place to floss. It can also reduce bad breath and stimulates proper oral hygiene.
BrytonPick
Convenient & Portable
Go anywhere credit card size carry pouch
Reusable for 30 Days
Made from germ resistant stainless steel
Ultra Flexible & Thin as Floss
Reaches all interdental areas







Instructions: (found on the package)
·        Pass/ Slide either end between teeth
·         Do not force into gum line
·         Flexible ends are considered germ resistant
·         Cleanse with alcohol, hot water, napkin, or tissue
·         Use only as directed by instructions
·         Recommended replacement every 30 days    

My Experience

BrytonPick is lightweight and easy to grip. The metal is flexible with curved ends. As recommended, my first use was in front of a mirror. Having worn braces in the past, my teeth are straight with some slight crowding in the lower front. 

I started gently sliding the  BrytonPick  between my teeth (left side), which wasn't easy to do. I had to skip over a few sets of teeth because I found it impossible to floss between them. When more pressure was applied the metal would bend. Flossing between crowed teeth was especially challenging. I found that on several attempts the  BrytonPick  became stuck and I struggled to remove it. I then continued to the right side of my mouth.

In an attempt to remove the  BrytonPick  from between 2 lower side teeth, the metal came in contact with my lip and resulting in a cut. This completed my flossing experience for the day, since it was not the first time I saw blood while using the  BrytonPick.  

I was informed from their website that "it normally takes several tries to become accustomed to the cleaning procedure" I gave the  BrytonPick   several more chances.

My conclusion

I love the idea of fast, convenient , reusable, and portable flossing.  Cleaning of the  BrytonPick   is easy (wipe down/rinse off) and the metal is germ resistant.  BrytonPick comes in its own portable pouch (approximately the size of a credit card) which you can put in your purse or pocket. Unfortunately the pouch does not close.

I was hoping that I would love this product as much as I love the idea of it. It just didn't work for me or my husband, who also tried the  BrytonPick . We both tried  BrytonPick  multiple times.

Even though I will not continue to use the  BrytonPick , I would recommend it to family and friends. The concept behind the  BrytonPick  is great, especially to those who wear braces. It may assist you reach better oral health and reducing bad breath.

For More Information & To Purchase 

BrytonPick is affordable( less than $3 a pack) can and be purchased at their website  or is available @: Winn Dixie, C&S, Duane Reade, CVS.com, Drugstore.com, Amazon.com, Pearson Dental Supply & Others.  You can ask your local pharmacy or food store manager to order  BrytonPick  for you. 

Final Note: I do not recommend  BrytonPick  for children. I do suggest adult supervision/assistance for teenagers wearing braces. It can cut your lip and gums, it did for me.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this review. I prefer using these types of floss verse the pull the string out of the box type! LOL. I am now following your blog. http://www.womenwalkinginthespiritofchrist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just stopping by to say hi and thank you for stopping by blog and for following!!

    I love your blog and I am following you via GFC, Facebook and Pinterest and Twitter!!

    ♥Priiincesss
    http://www.ltf.styleofalifetime.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New follower jumping on board to share the <3 from MBS
    http://bloggitymoo.blogspot.com.au/ I'd love you to follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete