Monday, February 20, 2012

Pin It


Get Gadget

Review- An Alphabet Trip to the Limerick Zoo

An Alphabet Trip to the Limerick Zoo

Review- An Alphabet Trip to the Limerick Zoo 

(Full Color eBook)

Twenty-Six Letters of the Alphabet, Twenty-Six Animals, Twenty-Six Limerick PoemsBy Jeannette RamirezIllustrated by AIC College of Design


       Sometimes it can be challenging to find material that is both entertaining and educational for our children or students. I felt that my dreams had been answered when my family and I had the honor of reading  AnAlphabet Trip to the Limerick Zoo by Jeannette Ramirez.   My child's excitement about this book has only amplified over the days we have spent reading it and coloring the pictures from the An Alphabet Trip to the Limerick Zoo Coloring Book.  
       The illustrations are very nice and the colors are bright and bold. Perfect for children.  My child loved reading the book on the computer since we do not have a Kindle, Nook, or tablet. We will be purchasing one when they become available in color option. Downloading and navigation of the ebook to was done by my child with very little assistance.
       The limerick poems are adorable and educational. Plenty of information is learned in just 26 short poems. Here is the entry about the snake:

A carnivorous reptile ─the Snake
Will often spew venom and take
Mammals, birds, eggs, and fish
As their favorite dish,
Where they live in a tree or a lake.

     My child also had fun reading the limericks, learning facts, and coloring the pictures. Most of the limericks have been memorized and are repeated frequently around the house.  
As a parent of an early reader I highly recommend An Alphabet Trip to the Limerick Zoo to both parents and educators/teachers of pre-reader to elementary school aged children. This multifaceted educational resource is perfect for the home, classroom, home school setting, or anywhere you can take your tablet. Ramirez does an excellent job of using limericks to hold the attention span of young minds.

An Alphabet Trip to the Limerick Zoo is available on Kindles, Nooks, iPad tablets and eBooks.

You can see more about the book and to buy here: http://www.here-be-limerick-poems.com/an-alphabet-trip-to-the-limerick-zoo.html



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book. I find limericks make everything fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love poetry and have always loved limericks! This will definitely be enjoyed by my son as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this book. I will definitely have to get it for my boys.

    ReplyDelete